Italian #recipes: Frittata con asparagi e cipollina fresca by Daniele Sorice
Frittata di asparagi e cipollina fresca (Asparagus and white onion fritatta)
by Sorice Daniele (Caserta/Italy)
Ingredients for 2 people:
(All proportions are approximate)
- uova di gallina (chicken eggs) – n.2
- asparagi freschi (fresh asparagus) – gr.150 (1/3 pound)
- parmigiano reggiano italiano (cheese) – gr.100 (1/4 pound)
- cipolla fresca (fresh onion) – n.1
- olio extra vergine di oliva italiano (italian extra virgin olive oil – a few tablespoons) – (quanto basta)
- sale (salt to taste) – (quanto basta)
- pepe nero (black pepper to taste) – (quanto basta)
Wash and cut the tender part of the asparagus (tips). Let them boil in salted water for about 3 minutes once water reaches boiling.
When cooked remove from water. Chopping the fresh onion into bite-size pieces (as shown). Pour a small amount of extra virgin olive oil into a pan, add the chopped onion, boiled asparagus and a little salt to taste. Cook over moderate heat until the onion begins to brown.
In a large bowl pour the eggs, asparagus cooked with onion, the grated cheese, a pinch of salt and a fairly generous "dose" of black pepper ( to taste ). With the help of a whisk to blend the mixture.
In a pan heat a little extra virgin olive oil, add the blended egg mixture and cook over moderate heat.
When the omelette is cooked on the first side, then flip it over with the help of a plate or with a large lid, and continue to cook the other side. "La FRITTATA E’ FATTA". (The frittata is done!!)
Serve hot or cold..it is good any way you choose.