Italian #recipes: Pasta Fresca con Asparagi e Pomodorini by Daniele Sorice
Italian recipes: Pasta fresca con asparagi e pomodorini ( Fresh pasta with asparagus and cherry tomatoes)
by Sorice Daniele (Caserta/Italy)
Ingredients to prepare dish for two people:
(All proportions are approximate)
- Pasta fresca* di semola di grano duro – grammi 200 ( Fresh pasta – 7 ounces)
- Asparagi** – grammi 500 (Asparagus – 1 pound)
- Pomodorini – q.b. (quanto basta) (Cherry tomatoes)
- Cipolla – n. 1/2 (Onions – 1 or 2)
- Aglio – n. 2 spicchi (Garlic – two cloves)
- Olio extra-vergine di oliva Italiano – q.b. (quanto basta) (Italian extra virgin olive oil – to taste)
- Vino bianco secco – mezzo bicchiere (Dry white wine – half cup – 4 ounces)
- Sale fino ( Salt – to taste )
*for this recipe I used "fusilli" from Calabria in Southern Italy
** for this recipe I used Italian asparagus from Maremma Tuscany.
Separate the asparagus tips from the stems after they have been washed very thoroughly, then put them in a pan with plenty of cold water until they are covered. Bring the water to a boil and let it boil for 3 minutes over high heat. Once that cooking time is done, remove the asparagus from the water so that they will be "al dente"
Pour Italian extra-virgin olive oil into the pan and add the previously chopped garlic and onion on medium flame. As soon as the garlic begins to fry ( turn color), then add the chopped tomatoes (in quarters).
After a few minutes cooking, as the tomatoes begin to wilt, add the asparagus and then "innaffiate" (sprinkle) with white wine creating a "sfumare" (fading out effect) on high flame.
Cook the pasta in salted water until it is "al dente" then add it into the pan with the other ingredients and mix it.
P.S. piccolo "consiglio" italiano…..: a questo punto aggiungete della mozzarella tagliata a dadini e dell’ottimo Parmigiano Reggiano italiano…. FIAMMA ALTISSIMA e fate "saltare in padella" la pasta.
P.S. a little Italian tip: at this point you can add some chopped mozzarella and some fine Italian Parmigiano Reggiano cheese – and "stir-fry" the pasta on high heat.
Serve warm accompanied by another small dish of fresh mozzarella and Italian extra-virgin olive oil.